Tianna Johnson, Commonwealth Orthopedics, KY I want to thank you on behalf of Commonwealth Orthopaedic Centers for organizing the Orthopaedic Technologist Casing Workshop at our location. I have received nothing less than glowing feedback about the workshop. All employees who attended were really impressed by the instructor (Kyle Nagy) and felt they learned better ways to do their jobs. Commonwealth Orthopaedic Centers looks forward to partnering with you for future trainings.
Teresa Terry, Texas The workshop here in Houston was GREAT! Kyle did a fantastic job and I would recommend this workshop to everyone in the Orthopedic field. I picked up many helpful ideas from Kyle and appreciate his patience.
Ken Ockunzzi, Florida Thank you so much Charles. I had a great time at the course last week. You really kept things interesting and fun. I learned a bunch and had a good time doing it.
Agnes Freeman, Chicago Can't wait to try out the new techniques I learned this weekend. I thank you so much for the extra time you gave me to practice. I attended another organizations casting course last year. I was very disappointed that it was mostly demonstrations and hardly any hands-on. Thank you Charles for not letting me down. You are right, your workshop is a lot of work! I am sure my Doc will be happy with my improved skills.
Tony Janicik, CT I wanted to drop you a note and thank you for the class you hosted in
Waterbury 9/27 and 28. I felt it was professional & well presented, you
kept it moving and interesting. I've already put the skills that you taught to use within 1 hour of
being back to work on Monday. They worked great. The patient I applied
a short leg to commented that the cast I put on was more comfortable and
lighter than the one he had previous (which I put on also). The support
was right where it should be. Patient & mom (and the ortho-tech)
walked away happy. Attached please find pictures of the casting stand
my Casting/DME room has. That is the one I used on the short leg cast
Monday. Later that afternoon I had occasion to apply a short arm for a wrist
fracture that had similar results.
You also mentioned how the resin in the casting tape can settle; I've
already started "rotating" the boxes in an attempt to keep them
Over the years I've attended many classes for my different jobs (hockey
& baseball officiating, accounting, computer operation and programming,
EMS). Your class had the most practical application of any classes I've
taken since I started working when I was 13. I brought back skills I
can apply from day 1. Good job!
Dianne Joyner, R.T.(R) Peace Health Orthopedic, Oregon I just wanted to send a quick note regarding the casting workshop I attended in Portland this past weekend. I had a great time learning and Jack Hart was a fabulous instructor. He created and maintained a fun, active and very educational atmosphere. I actually was sad we didn't have more time to soak up more of his energy and knowledge. Thank you and please let Jack know that his efforts were well received and appreciated. I look forward to future classes that you may have in our area.
N. Trieste, RN, MBA Geisinger Medical Center Dept of Orthopedics Positive aspects of the course:
- Hands on demonstration was very beneficial; opportunity to practice several times and in different combinations
- Learned a lot of new and updated casting techniques and basic tricks of the trade that make casting quicker and more efficient even for those that had never casted before
- Cutting to fit around thumb
- Body fossa molding
- Spray bottle
- Very informative
- Practical knowledge that will allow non-cast techs to help when needed
- Small group with a variety of experience
- Kyle was very informative, helpful and enthusiastic; very experienced in quality patient care; helped to pass his knowledge and experience onto the group; reminded the participants to treat patients the way they would want to be treated with a cast
- Stayed extra on the second day to help a few participants work on a casting technique that is beneficial for their clinic
- Course was a wonderful experience and showed the participants the "right" way to cast
- Would recommend course to others to help improve or just simply to learn casting skills
- Kyle gave a lot of information that is on the certification test and some interesting trivia about ortho and his experiences
- Feel much more confident with casting skills
- Happy to have the opportunity to sit for the ROT exam.
- Interest in other ASOP courses, such as the Orthotic Fitters Class
- Would recommend having future courses